How to register for taxes online << Back
On the Homepage of the URA Webportal (http://ura.go.ug) , go to e-services on the Left Menu, under e-Services, go to “You do need to login to” menu, and select Register for taxes.
Select the type of registration that applies.
TIN Individual/Non-Individual Registration
- To register online for registration as an individual/Non-individual, select New Form from the box below and follow the instructions provided.
- If you were unable to upload your application form, select Continue with Previously filled form and follow the instructions provided.
A. New Form
Click here to you read an instruction guide before downloading these forms. It is very important that you read these guidelines before downloading a template as they will enable you fill the templates with ease.Instruction guide for filling out and submitting a template for online registration.
- Click on the template you wish to fill out, e.g. TIN Individual and select save. If you wish to register for VAT, Local Excise and Gaming and Pool Betting, you will need to download the respective annexure from the Web Portal as well.
- Save the template to a location on your computer.
- Open the template.
- Before filling out the template, enable macros by following the instructions on the sheet labeled help, on the form you have downloaded.
- After filling in all the information, validate the form by clicking the VALIDATE button on the last schedule of the TIN Individual template.
- In case of errors, correct them and save the file before validating again.
- If no errors are found on the template, generate an Upload file by clicking YES on the pop up window.
- This will generate a compressed file that will take less of your time to upload.
- Open the URA Web Portal and disable the pop-up blocker before uploading your application.
- Repeat step A.
- At the time of upload, fill in the required fields, browse to select the respective file, agree to the terms and conditions and click upload.
- These Terms and Conditions can be downloaded and/or printed using the Download and Print View options. Due to absence of laws governing electronic transactions, you will need to submit the printed application form, signed Terms and Conditions and attachments to the nearest URA office within 10 days.
- If the form fails online validation, correct the specified errors on the saved template (from which you generated the upload file), save the file, validate and re-generate another upload file. (Refer to step 5 – 8)
- Try to upload the file again.
- If the upload is successful, click Submit to submit your application.
- An e-Acknowledgement receipt will be generated. This receipt has a PRINT FORM button that you can use to print the application form for submission to the nearest DT office. This will be submitted together with the signed Terms and Conditions and attachments within 10 days.
- If you do not wish to print the form immediately, you can print it later using the PRINT FORM function on the Home Page of the Web Portal, under e-Services.
- To print the form, you will be required to avail a Search Code and Reference Number. These can be obtained from the Registration Acknowledgement Receipt email that will be sent to the email address you provided in your application. This email is sent at the time when the e-Acknowledgement is generated.
- To track the status of your application, you can use the Track Your Status function, under e-Services on the Home Page of the Web Portal. The same Search Code and Reference Number referred to in step 18 will be required at this point.
Gaming and Pool Betting (GPBT)
Annexure – I (GPBT)
Value Added Tax (VAT)
Annexure – II (VAT)
Local Excise Duty
Annexure –III (Excise)
Annexure – IV (Additional Business/Branch)
B. Continue with previously filled form
Please note that if for any reason (such as slow or intermittent internet connections or power blackouts) your upload attempt was not successful, you can continue with the upload by entering the Transaction Code as requested. (This code has been sent to the email you provided in your application.) Provide the required information and submit, in order to continue with the upload of the applicable templates.
DISCLAIMER: This Information is strictly for purposes of guidance to our clientele and is subject to change on amendment of tax legislations & any other regulations that govern tax administration.